Technical Lead as a Changemaker (Lund, SE)
MbeguSolar is a impact startup that develops a technology platform connecting people with solar energy using a novel self-financing mechanism. At MbeguSolar, our vision is to make people’s transition from fossil fuels to solar energy easier and faster. We believe that this can only be achieved through sustainable innovation: combining the need for clean and reliable energy with the creation of economic opportunities.
After months of extensive work to iterate and validate the key hypotheses of our business model, we’ve developed a robust business model with customer-centric MVP. Currently, we are looking for a full-time Technical Lead (worked for 2-3 years) with experience in full-stack development/ product development, who wants to expand their knowledge in sustainable innovations and entrepreneurship.
ABOUT THE TRIAL PROJECT:
The selected candidate will start as the Technical Lead with a 6 months trial project since Apr/May 2021 (with possibility to join the company full time afterwards as part of the founders team). You will work full-time in our office in Lund, Sweden. During the trial project, you will receive entrepreneurial (lean startup, agile development etc.) and leadership training for practice. This trial project is designed for candidates who are eager to learn and grow together with the company (not a day job).
We are looking for a candidate with demonstrated experience (full-stack development/product development, startups etc.). He/ She will be working closely with the CEO to,
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Help departments use technology profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
This is also a hands on role with tasks include but not limited to product development and testing etc. We expect the candidate to have,
- Proven experience as a technical lead or similar leadership role
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
Apart from that, we believe the right candidate is eager to learn, and would be adaptive and be able to handle stress when things get tough.
- Academic background: Software engineering or a related field (Bachelor’s/ Master’s)
- Work experience: 2-3 years (full-time)
- a full-stack developer who has been involved in the full product lifecycle
- Preferably developed alone or in a small team a commercial single-page application (have a deeper understanding of security considerations, performance considerations, scalable architecture etc.)
- Knowledge/ experience with WordPress, embedded system and product development preferred
- Language: English and Swedish
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your CV and Cover Letter stating your background and why you’re a good fit for this role (motivation and contribution) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Apr 20th, 2021.
For more information or questions please contact us at email@example.com or phone number +46 0769375574.