Integration and Test Engineer Trainee (Nairobi, KE)
MbeguSolar is a startup company that develops a technology platform connecting people with solar energy using a novel self-financing mechanism in Sub Saharan Africa. At MbeguSolar, our vision is to make people’s transition from fossil fuels to solar energy easier and faster. We believe that this can only be achieved through sustainable innovation: combining the need for clean and reliable energy with the creation of economic opportunities.
Currently, we are expanding our team in Kenya. We are looking for a full-time Integration and Test Engineer Trainee (recently graduated or worked for 1-2 years) with a background in electronics/embedded system and software engineering who wants to expand their knowledge in sustainable innovations.
ABOUT THE FULL TIME TRAINEESHIP:
The 6 months full time traineeship program starts from Jan/Feb 2021 (with possibility to receive a full time job offer after the program). You will be based in Nairobi (Kenya), and have field trips for product testing across the country. This traineeship program is designed for candidates who are eager to learn and grow together with the company (not a day job).
- Integration and testing of electronic components and embedded system
- Identification of defects of the product
- Life cycle and functionality testing
- Offer technical support and advice of the product when it reaches the market
- Provide technical support for initial customers of the product
- Report writing and documentation of test results
- Testing and approving 3rd party accessories (panels, cables etc.)
- Academic background: Electronics, Software engineering, or similar (Bachelor’s/ Master’s)
- Work experience: 0-2 years
- Language: English and Swahili
- Basic understanding of data sheets, schematics and product specification sheets
- Familiarity with electronics, microcontrollers, and embedded systems required
- Previous experience with Arduino, prototyping, or full-stack development meriting
Send your CV and Cover Letter (with your background and motivation) to email@example.com before Jan 30th, 2021.